Reed Construction was selected to build an advanced research laser lab, housed in the sub-basement of the GCIS building at the University of Chicago.
- High performance research & development Laser Laboratory.
- ISO Class 6 & 7 Cleanroom Standards
- 2 phased project to maintain adjacent lab operations
- Highest standards for vibration isolation & sound transmission control, temperature controls & static dissipative requirements
- Custom AHU to meet ISO 6 & 7 standards, compact chillers for processed chilled water feeds to laser racks, underground trench for all lab gases & utilities
- Properly maintained temperature and humidity with strict tolerances: (+/- 1/2-degree F), (+/- 5% RH)
- 100% BIM designed, coordinated & executed
University of Chicago